Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Like Arnold, I'm BACK!

Hello friends, chums, amigos, pizanos. Mes amies....Yes, I know. Go ahead and say it. I am the worst blogger in the world. The worst friend. The worst person who occasionally, maybe...hopefully, posts semi-interesting things from time to time. Take me out back like Old Yeller and shoot me. I most certainly deserve it. BUT, I am hoping this post will make up for it. You think? With a cherry on top? Where have I been, you might ask? Truthfully, I've been working. Like a dog. I've been at my "new" job for nearly six months and I feel as if I've been working here for years and years. Hmm, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...This job is such a 180 from my previous job in that I actually have work to do! What a novelty, huh? My days of getting my crap done in two measley hours and using the rest of the day to master my Spider Solitaire skills as well as...cough, cough...posting on this blog...are OVER. As of today I am back in the real world where my fingers don't stop dancing over my keyboard from 8:00am to 4:30pm, and when I get home, quite frankly, the last thing I want to do is sit down in front of my laptop. Sure, I could've made some time for some posting, even on the weekends, but I just haven't had the strength to do it. I was so used to living a certain routine for several years, and suddenly that routine radically changed. It has seriously thrown off everything in my life. However, the important thing is that I am still here and I am finally settling back into a more relaxed state of pace. So what have all of you been up to? My bet is that you're all on Pinterest. I know I am! I am currently so obsessed with it that I am even planning half of my book club menu from it this weekend! Speaking of book club, I chose the much-talked about Fifty Shades of Grey (book one) as my choice this month. I finished it in just a couple of days, as well as the following two books. They were rather crack-like indeed...I chose it specifically because I was shocked that nobody else in our group had picked it yet, seeing as how it's generating so much buzz across the globe. I'm so looking forward to our discussion over it. I'll let you know my official review after this weekend, as well as the dishes I serve. Can't wait! So.... I also have some life changing news to speak of, but I think I'll wait until my next post... Sorry to end on that note, but all good things come to those who wait. I'll just leave it at that. I'm glad to be back, folks! Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment