Tuesday, December 13, 2011

White Chocolate Christmas Fudge



Sometimes I wonder if I'm going to turn into a piece of fudge--I seem to talk about it and eat it so often. But if I did have to turn into fudge, I think this is the form I would choose to take. Smooth, decadent white chocolate with sweet, dried cranberries and crunchy pistachios dancing about to give the chocolate some zing and personality. Not to mention, it's so pretty! The red and green of the berries and nuts, as well as the snowy white color of the chocolate, make this the perfect Christmas treat.

I made a ton of this fudge last year around the holidays, as well as some other darker fudges too, and passed it out to all my neighbors. I'm happy to make it and share it with anyone I know will appreciate it. So make a note, if you don't want to fatten up, you might not want to move to my street!

Enjoy!

White Chocolate Christmas Fudge

-20 oz. white chocolate chips (1.5 packages or about 3 cups)
-1 can sweetened condensed milk
-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
-8 oz. shelled pistachios
-1 handful dried cranberries*

Coat a 9" square cake pan with cooking spray, set aside. In a saucepan, melt chips with condensed milk over low heat. Stir constantly until smooth. Remove from heat immediately.

Stir in vanilla, pistachios, and cranberries. Spread evenly in cake pan with a spatula. Cool fudge to room temperature or chill.

Yields: 64 (1") pieces

*Note: Pistachios on their own can be a little pricey. If you happen to have a Fresh Market grocery store close by, they carry a perfect blend of cranberries and pistachios that you can buy together in one tub. It's right there in the trail mix section.

1 comment:

  1. I had some of it last year at Becky's and it was yummy!! I LOVE fudge and miss my mom making it every year while growing up. If i could eat it now, i'd go and make me some...probably this kind too, but i cant :0( enjoy it for me! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete