Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Rootin' Tootin' Mornin'

The Date: September 13, 2011

The Time: Roughly around 7:15am, eastern time.

The Place: My bedroom floor.

The Characters: Myself and one Prunella Mocha Frappuccino a.k.a. Nella a.k.a. My Dog

The Incident: I was taking a moment to fuss and preen at how utterly delectable her canine beauty is when she decided to roll on her side in order to grant me better access to rubbing her belly. Naturally, I obliged. How could I resist such radiance? And then it happened. Nella proceeded to "toot" not once, but three times in a row. With my breath sharply held in, Nella then angled her head towards her derriere to inspect the point of location where the rudeness exited. Confused, she looked to me with an expression that clearly asked, "What in the world was that??"

This is not the first time Nella has been a victim of doggie toots, and every time it occurs, I laugh uncontrollably at her. I can't help it. It usually results in her gentle ego being sorely offended and her running away. My little darling is so very sensitive. Alas, being the insensitive jerk of a mommy that I am, I laughed and laughed and laughed, and Nella escaped to the top of the bed, undoubtedly trying to bury herself in the chocolate brown colored sheets where she can camouflage herself away from the cruel world. I've been at work this morning for over three hours and I'm still laughing about it.

It's the little things in life that amuse me so.

I'm going to have to make it up to her somehow tonight when I get home. Otherwise, I may be getting the silent treatment...

No comments:

Post a Comment