Monday, October 17, 2011

Done With Hiding

Yup. Done. Donesky. Dunzo.

I debated quite a while on whether or not I would post any of the gruesome "before" pictures of myself on this blog, ever. As proud as I could be of losing weight, having to admit to anybody in full on display, let alone to myself, that I allowed myself to balloon up into some swollen caricature of my old and actual person, beyond simply "chubby" or "full figured", was something I haven't been very willing to do.

For example, my Facebook page has been a very edited version of my life the last few years. I've been on some good trips in the last few years--The Keys, The Bahamas, Savannah, Georgia, New York City--but you'd never know it by looking at my profile. I was heavy at my wedding and posted a few of those pictures, but after that is when it got continually worse and worse. I cherry picked only one or two pictures from there on out. Pictures where everything was mostly not seen with the exception of my face. And even then, there were only one or two. I've basically been keeping myself hidden from everybody.

It's stupid really. It's stupid when I think about who I'm hiding from. Relatives. Old classmates. People who knew me when I was still small and a size 6. When I was buck wild and not scared of my own shadow. People who only know snippets of my life now and know nothing more about me than what I place in their hands.

So basically, posting those pictures of myself yesterday was a huge breakthrough for me. That was me saying, "Who gives a f**k anyway?" Pardon my French. So I figure, since I untied the velvet robe and flashed you all, I might as well flash you some more. There aren't many, which is rather sad. There are blocks of my life that I will never be able to show my future children one day because there is little to no documentation of it. But I suppose it is what it is.




This was one month after my wedding. It was a downward spiral from here. I guess that's what happens when you register for supreme cooking equipment. You tend to cook yourself all sorts of delicious things...



I must say, I'm loving how dark my hair was. Must get hair colored ASAP...











Trying to hide behind Nella...







Hey there, double-chin. What's shakin'?
















More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment